Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Personal Message To My Readers

I have been so busy the past 2 weeks that I didn't manage to write a proper post for this week. As such, I thought of just writing a personal message to all of you here during my lunch break at work.


I am mostly anonymous on my blog but in recent times, I've started to slowly meet up with people out there and reveal my true identity. More and more people have come to know of my blog and while talking to a few friends recently, I mentioned its getting more scary that people all around me are reading the stuff that I write. I have friends and family members coming to tell me that their friends are also reading my blog and I see my own friends sharing my posts on Facebook as well. One of the most surprising thing was I got to know that one of my articles was actually used as reading materials in a local university.

The articles I write caters mainly to young people as what many of you might have realised. I know that finance topics can be quite complicated so I always try to keep things simple. I like simplicity in life.

This year, I will be even more busier with events, writing more articles, more networking sessions and meet ups and speaking engagements. I would never have imagined that I would get involve in all these 2 years ago. A passion, which started the blog, to reach out to young people, had created opportunities for me. I had the chance to meet up with high profile and influential people which was a humbling learning experience for me.

I always say that finding your passion in life is important. It does attract opportunities into your life and it also attract successful people into your life. Money comes after that. Talking about money, just this 2 months alone, my estimated passive and extra income is set to cross over 1.5k now.

Some of you may be experiencing financial difficulties in your family which made you realise the importance of financial planning. Some of you may have gotten yourself into financial problems because of bad financial decisions in the past. But, no matter how big your problem is, always remember to look ahead to a better future. Change the way you think, change your lifestyle, choose wisely the people whom you associate with and you'll be on your way to success.

Chinese New Year is just around the corner. Here's wishing everyone Gong Xi Fa Cai!! Enjoy the reunion, the gatherings and the holidays!!

Enjoyed my articles? 
You can Subscribe to SG Young Investment by Email 
or follow me on my Facebook page and get notified about new posts.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats SGYI, and please continue the good work that you are doing here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi RetailTrader,

      Thanks for the encouragement. You're doing a great work too!

      Delete
  2. Hi SGYI,

    You are one of those who inspired me to come out from the shadows. Keep up the good work and let us work together to create a vibrant and inclusive Finance community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Derek,

      Really I inspired you to come out from the shadows? I think I'm still in the shadows myself. Haha.

      Yup let us work together to create the finance community. Thanks for your friendship :)

      Delete
  3. Hi SGYI,
    Wonderful ! The last I checked your Facebook, you've influenced 1,682 people in Singapore to take responsibility in their finances. That itself is an impressive achievement. Keep up the good work !! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lady You Can Be Free,

      Thank you! I was and still am inspired by you. I'm sure you're a good role model to many other women out there who want to achieve financial freedom.

      Delete
  4. SGYI , time to drink kopi with ah boy? hahahaha , just decided to pop by to wish ya gong xi fa cai ;) , if you're free, stop by my blog or drop me an email :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken,

      Gong Xi Fa Cai to you too! I see you're quite active on Facebook And you got a good sense of humour. It makes investing not so boring. Haha. Keep it up!!

      Delete
  5. He's the hero Singapore deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll criticize him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A financial blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Xeo,

      Nice Poem. haha. Glad to have known you in the small financial community we have in SG.

      Delete